So I had a little mishap in my soccer game and Tuesday. I play on a team with PA class plus a few others in a Co-ed Mesa Park and Rec League. This is our third season in this league and while we play really hard we usually don't win unless someone forfeits or we tie. This was my first game this season, because I was out of town for the other two during our break. Anyways I was going for a great steal from a guy who was taking to long to take a shot on goal. I came from behind and kicked the ball to my teammate just in time for him to nail my ankle with all the force he could kick with. I immediately went down writhing in pain. My team is full of former athletic trainers who got me to the sidelines and got my foot elevated and some ice on it. I wasn't in too much pain that night, although I made Jon carry me to the car and to our apartment because I couldn't walk on it. We thought it was a bad ankle sprain. So Jon took me to school the next morning and we tracked down some crutches from some classmates. My foot all the time getting bigger and bigger. So I went to the doctor and she sent me to the neighboring hospital for some X-rays. We got the report back the next morning and can you believe that guy kicked me so hard on the inside of my ankle that it broke the bone on the outside of my ankle. It was totally an accident, he had no idea I was coming, but still I am stuck in a boot for 6 weeks on crutches. Well so much for the soccer season, I am done. I'll have to say a broken leg/foot is much worse than a broken arm/hand. I am so helpless and such a klutz, I keep bumping into things. But I am getting good on the crutches. I have decided to quit my extracurricular activities and take-up knitting for the rest of 2008, cause I cannot stand to break another bone, I might loose my mind. Anyways enjoy the pics of my ever enlarging foot.
So for those who are interested I have a Weber Type A Transverse Fracture of the distal fibula/lateral malleolus, it is a little more proximal than a typical avulsion fracture, but nondisplaced(no surgery, thank goodness). Essentially I broke the bone that sticks out on the outside of your ankle.
6 comments:
ouch Amber...as I recall, you've always been accident pron -which is strange for somone who's so coordinated lol.
get well soon!
ps Aimee (Homer) Beckett's got a blog, she's on my page under Beckett Family.Take Care.
Holy Cow! I can't believe you broke another bone! I guess it's easier to learn when you actually see it... Hope that you are recovering okay! Good luck with everything!
Wow- that is really disgusting Amber, haha I hope it's feeling a lot better than it looks! Love you!
Hey Amber,I am so glad that I found you on Coty's blog. That seems really painful. That is cool that you are in Arizona I bet it is really hot there right now that would not be fun with a hot boot on. Well hopefully it will heal quickly. I will check your blog to stay updated.
Aimee
What are the chances? Seriously! At least you'll get killer triceps!
Amber Poyer! Goondess! Yeah, you definitely need to take something up that is less physical! I hope you're doing okay and I feel so bad that you got hurt so bad. Let us know if you need anything!
Post a Comment