Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back at it

I started back to school this week. So last weekend Jon and I decided to make the most of our last bit of freedom together before I start another quarter at school. He got back from North Carolina on Friday night. So Saturday we went to the Temple, which we don't do often enough here in AZ. Then we geared up for my first bike ride since I broke my arm. My (great) Uncle Rich always said if you get bucked off a horse, the best thing to do is get right back on it and ride. So it has been a few months and we headed back out to the same trail. I wore my roller blading wrist guards this time, just in case I fell I wouldn't break the same bone again. Anyways we headed out with Jon in the lead this time. I was slow going and felt like I was going to bite it at anytime on the loose gravel. So I got spooked and turned around after a quarter mile at the most. Jon loaded up the bikes although I am sure he was disappointed I think he also understood my apprehension. But before we headed in I had him take a picture just to prove that I did get back out there. That night we went to Joe's Farm Grill one of our favorite little restaurants, all the food is organic and you can eat outside on picnic tables. Though a month late we cashed in on the Birthday discount, 10 bucks off is an awesome deal. The strawberry shake is my favorite part, although the massive burger I got was also delicious(this coming from a somewhat deprived wife of a vegetarian) So happy late birthday to me!

No comments: