We decided to take off this weekend in search of some Fall color. Living in the valley of the sun is great, but I really love the fall and we get nothing of the sort here. It is really hard to tell what season it is in the rest of the U.S. based on our weather. I didn't have any Friday afternoon surgeries and no mothers in labor i.e. a very rare Friday indeed. We headed up to Payson which is northeast of Mesa. It was fun to watch the temperature drop 30 degrees as we drove 1 hour away. But when the sun went down we were freezing. We built a fire to stay warm, but it wasn't doing much so we went to bed early. We have some good sleeping bags, although my didn't do much for my ice cold feet. It got down to 20 degrees that night.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Where is Fall?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Next year for October General Conference, you will have to come up to Park City with us. We miss the change of seasons, as well, and we got up to the mountains at the PERFECT time! Danny and I took a bike ride right through all of the changing aspens and it was delightful! So fun to drink hot chocolate and look out at the mountainside! In China, we haven't seen any fall like change either!
Yay for a weekend away! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you guys! Hopefully we get to see you guys soon. We miss you! And to make you feel better, it doesn't look too much like fall here either.
Thanks for inviting us over the other night...It was fun to get to know you better!
It is definitely fall here in Utah. I just love the colors of fall too. At least there is no white snow in Arizona for the winter. I'm really not looking forward to that. Happy Anniversary to you guys last month. Also, I really like the picture of grandma you posted. That is a great photo of her. We really are lucky to have such a great grandma. I hope you guys continue to do well. You look like you have a lot of fun together. That's so great!
Hey Amber, I saw your blog on Sarah's link list and wanted to say HI. I'm glad we're VT companions and I'm getting to know you!
Post a Comment