
We are back and making a Kwanza commitment to be better at updating our blog after taking some time off for our Obamabration. As you can see, I have decided to grow my hair out and Amber seems to think I am getting handsomer by the day! Winter has gotten off to a great start here in the Valley. We have been bunkered down with the rest of Phoenix as our temps have plunged into the single digits (that is 60 degrees here) with wind chills of around 55 degrees. Don't feel sorry for us though; we have space heaters, heating blankets, and a big strong man to keep everybody happy and toasty (Jon).
Amber is toiling away in a pediatric rotation. She has managed to bring home a number of colds, but not the flu yet. I have encouraged her to bring her work home but thus far, she does not feel I have earned the opportunity to assist in her homework; though I have been in charge of Vitamin C caplets, foot massages, and cooking and cleaning detail. While the practice that she is at has not been as fast paced as her previous two rotations, she is learning how to navigate three and four year olds through a health exam. While they have confessed to virtually every malady under the sun, our favorite is the little boy with dinosaur unicorns in his tummy that were making him go potty too much. My little wife sure is good with the kiddies though.
We spent Thanksgiving down in Tucson. That is such a fun town if you ever have the chance to visit. We stayed in the northeaster portion, tucked against the mountains. It rained virtually the entire weekend but we still were able to get out for some hiking and wandering. Also, Tucson is home to Mount Lemon, which is a really fascinating place. While the lower reaches were in the 70s, at the top we found ourselves in the midst of a snow storm and watched the ski lifts take their first load of the season up. The geography of Arizona is a lot of fun and there is lots to see in them thar hills!

Christmas is going to be great. We feel rather acclimated to the winter frost thanks to our experience with climate change in the Valley and are making the trek over to Oklahoma. First stop, however, is a brief stay up in Las Vegas to take in the neon Christmas; after all, this is technically my Christmas so I decided we are going to spend some time in Vegas. We leave for Oklahoma on Monday and will be there for over a week for a good old fashioned Christmas with the Foys and Aunt Kathy who is coming to town from Utah. The whole crew will not be around this time as it is Brittney's turn so she, Sterling, and Kade will be in Utah, the Glasgows are venturing on their own holiday in Omaha, and Elder Foy is out recruiting in Oregon.
Oh, and Amber is growing her hair out. It is long and strong. See for yourself (I think that she is just jealous of my beautiful locks).

This time of year is a lot of fun as long as we take our time to enjoy it; otherwise, it can sure go by fast!
Come by and visit us and find out what you are missing down here in Arizona.

1 comment:
Amber! I'm so glad I found your blog (I stumbled on it on Coty's blog). It seems like you and your hubby are definitely keeping yourselves busy. Look at you go w/your pediatric rotation! (don't ya know that dinosaur unicorns afflict children all over the world? ;) I'm uber-impressed. Anyway, feel free to visit at http://www.semihipmom.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment