Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life keeps going


Start them young:)








Birthday meal at Joe's BBQ.

By the way I chopped my hair off, it was time.



So much has happened since my last post, I am so behind. Well I finished my rotation in Oklahoma, it was really great and I enjoyed working with Dr. Boring. Before I left Emily and Jeff blessed baby Wyatt in Ponca so that got the family together. It is always fun to get everyone together especially at home. Then I went up to Omaha and went to see Wicked with my mom and sisters. It was so good, I loved it! I am not one that is really into musicals but it was so fun.

Right after I caught a flight back to AZ to my long lost husband who I hadn't seen in 3 weeks. It was so nice to get back home and he had decorated the house and was already to go for my Birthday weekend. Jon made a card with a picture of me inside pointing to all of my greatest features and they were followed by a number. For each number there was a gift with the same number i.e for my gorgeous hair he got me ribbons to tie in my hair, my twinkling toes got little flower decals. It was so creative and then the final gift was a massage scheduled for that afternoon. I am so spoiled. Jon also wrote me a story that we were the main characters. He was a stealth James Bond-esk character who had quite the adventure trying to get to the airport to pick me up after my 6 week medical mission to Madagascar. It was really cute. We also went to a D-Backs game that weekend. I am so lucky to be married to such as sweet guy.

My new rotation is an Urgent Care in the East Valley. I work 12 hours shifts which really aren't that bad except I am so unproductive on my days off. I get alot more done when I work 5 days a week. I work with a different provider almost everytime and unfortunately most of my patients have coughs and runny noses. I did stitch up one small laceration, but I want more. I am always learning so that is great.

Jon has had a eventful past week. We got him in for the MRI and to see a surgeon for his knee. He had surgery on Friday that did not go as expected. He did have a medial meniscus tear as I original diagnosed him as having, however he had made it worse with his nonstop activity. Originally the surgeon said he would be walking immediately after the surgery and back to full in 4-6 weeks. However his tear was worse than expected so she repaired it instead of removing the supposed small defect. Anyways I had the joy of telling him when he woke up that he would be on crutches for the next 4-6 weeks, because he is nonweight bearing on that leg until then. He has taken it well considering his always on the go personality. He has not canceled any of his business trips and I dropped him off at the airport this morning to go to Chicago. He is a tough guy, because that would be one of the last places I would go on crutches.

Well I hope everyone's summers are off to a good start, I am excited for so many adventures that are coming up.

2 comments:

ConnieB said...

You'd think the URGENT care would be more exciting. I'm sure you'll get more(= Happy Birthday btw, and your hair is cute!

I wish I knew Wicked was playing nearby... I've always wanted to go see it!

whitney said...

Ooo, love the hair! Sorry about the coughs and colds on the job, but at least your learning! Poor hubby! Hope he mends well!