Also one of Jon's favorite activities in Ponca is giving blood, odd I know. So here are our fun bandaged arms.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
OKLAHOMA
So I have been in Oklahoma for almost four weeks now on an Orthopedics rotation. It has gone amazingly well, I was a little worried when I got here but I am really enjoying being back in Ponca. I am working with a great doctor and getting alot of clinical and OR experience. There are some great perks to being in a small town with one hospital. The commute is great and running into people I know often is also fun. Not to mention being at home and getting some good home cooking and spend sometime with my parents. I got to Oklahoma at a great time and watched the seasons change from cold to warm and watched the flowers bloom. Jon was able to come spend a week with me but is now back home. He made alot of friends while he was here both in swim aerobics with my mom, spin class, and choir. He is such a good sport and so supportive of me coming home for this rotation. We have gotten to spend time in Omaha for Easter and enjoyed meeting our new nephew and Jon also got to me Kade our 9 month old nephew for the first time. Jon also got to experience one of Ponca's finest traditions the Promenade at the Marland Mansion. All the couples prior to Prom walk a loop so the town can admire all the dresses and tuxes. Then I tried on all mine, Crystal's, and my Mom's prom dresses for him, it was quite a show. I have two weeks left here in Oklahomaso anyone still in the area let me know I would love to meet up with you.
Austin is a great soccer player and we got to go his game. He spent most of the game in front of the goal despite there being no goalies, he is definitely a defender by nature. Anytime the ball passed midfield he took off running away from the ball to get in front of the goal.
We are enjoying the game.
Luke introducing me to Wyatt.
Jon and Kade had alot of fun getting to know each other.
Also one of Jon's favorite activities in Ponca is giving blood, odd I know. So here are our fun bandaged arms.
Also one of Jon's favorite activities in Ponca is giving blood, odd I know. So here are our fun bandaged arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey! I am going to be in Ponca at the end of the month and will be staying for a little while. We need to have lunch or something before you leave!
That's so fun you got to try on all the dresses! I wish i could've been there when both you and jon were there, but i can't wait to see you next week, it'll be so fun :) Love you!
I was wondering where you guys were...I was honestly just saying to Trent that we needed to have you guys over but that I hadn't seen you in a while...have fun and we'll catch you when you're back!
I have the cutest picture of you with the kids in your surgery masks. I will have to send it to you. We had so much fun with you guys! I look forward to seeing you soon.
Hey guys! I found your blog from the Phelps! It's great to scope ya out on the blogosphere!
Enjoy Oklahoma for me! I've never been there.
what? no prom dress pictures?
So fun for you to be staying with your family for a bit! Nothing like coming home...and yay! for Jon being able to come visit. That always makes the time apart a little more bearable.
I am so glad that you are liking being there... I miss you though! When are you coming home? We only had 4 people show up for Bunco this month! It was so sad!!! :(
Hey Amber! I just thought I'd let you know I'm not in the ward anymore. But it was great having you as my VT comp! I hope everything is going well for you, keep in touch!
That's so great to got to go home. How fun! You sound like you are doing so great. Isn't the end in sight soon? Great job on all of your wonderful accomplishments! Hopefully you'll be able to make it to Utah sometime this summer. Oh, and I bet that was lots of fun with the prom dresses. Way to go on still fitting into them!!!
Post a Comment