Friday, January 21, 2011

Mom's are amazing


I have learned so much over the past 3 1/2 weeks.  I am so grateful to my own mom for coming out to help me.  I have never needed, wanted, or appreciated my mom more in my life.  She was so great to have here for 10 days and really got me back on my feet.  She took care of Roxanne, taught me how to take care of Roxanne, let me sleep, kept me company, drove me around, shopped, cooked, cleaned, and took care of bunch of sewing projects.  She even got us TV, I know we've been married over 4 years and never had a TV.  I was suppose to get a Lazy Boy for Christmas, but couldn't find one I liked, so we got a TV instead.  It only took a couple of long late nights to convince me that it was time.  Cable is included in our HOA/rent already, just needed to be hooked up.  Anyways, back to my Mom, she is so amazing and I am so grateful that she was so willing to come out and help me, not to mention my dad who had to be alone for 10 days so that I could have her.  She helped me accomplish so much and work through that crazy phase of post partum.  She somehow had tons of energy despite taking the baby for me on many of the late nights and most of the days.  She was always happy to spend more time with her granddaughter and before she left she mention how much she already loved Roxanne.  I am lucky to have her as a Mom and Roxanne is lucky to have such a great Grandma.

2 comments:

Brian & Kyla said...

Moms are such a lifesaver!

whitney said...

Moms really are the best! There's no other time that you need your mom more then when you're learning to be a mom yourself :)