Monday, November 1, 2010

Jessie's Wedding

My long time friend, Jessie, got married at the beginning of September.  I am so glad that I am living in Utah so that I could attend her bridal shower and wedding.  Jessie and I go way back, we met in Kindergarten, and she is one of those friends that I can always pick up where we left off last time we saw each other.  There were not many LDS kids in my home town, so I was lucky to have another girl my age. She made a gorgeous bride and Collin is a lucky guy.

All the LDS kids in Ponca spent alot of time together from early morning seminary, Wednesday mutual activities, weekend service, Sunday school, Young Womens, at least monthly drives to Stillwater for activities and dances, girls camp, long road trips to Dallas, OKC, Navuoo, not to mention we all went to the same school.  Jon laughs when I remember one of their birthdays or recount stories about them, because we knew each other so well whether we wanted to or not.  Now that I am the 12-18 y/o Sunday School teacher in my ward I see so many similarities.  They are very different kids, but they still take care of each other and "disagree" like we did.

2 comments:

whitney said...

LOVE the dresser! It turned out so great! I can't wait to see a picture of y'all as Mr and Mrs Clean.

As for Jessie's wedding...she looks absolutely gorgeous! I don't think a more fabulous wedding dress exists!

Mike and Crystal said...

This made me miss Ponca and everyone there :) She was a very beautiful bride- so glad you got to be there!