Back to the acutal job. I unfortunately have had a hard time finding a job as a PA. Interviews typically involved their five year plan for me, or looking for someone to work with until they retire in 20 years. Which to be honest, when Jon gets done with school I have no idea where we will be living, but here in Provo is probably a slim chance. So that in addition to my lack of experience has made the job search particularly hard. I am working with an electronic medical records company in conjunction with Community Health Centers including Wasatch Homeless Health Care at the Fourth Street Clinic in SLC, hence our proximity to Pioneer Park. But this job shows promise and I have high hopes for it to be a good experience. I am paid on a grant for one year, which I like, no long term strings attached unless I desire it at the end.
Jon is keeping busy with school. He was grateful to get his accounting class over with, it was a 1st block class. His midterms are done with, but the projects keep coming. He went to Minnesota to an intership fair that proved to be good experience, but unfruitful as far as interships.
He also got the great news that he can start running again from his surgeon. No basketball for some time, but the addition of running again as been exciting and a great stress reliever. Too bad the weather will turn cold soon.
We are enjoying Provo and the awesome fall weather. We have a nice cozy apartment that I had lots of time to decorate etc before I started work. I'll have to get some pictures of my projects on here. We've enjoyed the farmers market on Center every weekend and sad that it is over until next year. We love our ward, it is different than we had expected of Provo, but so much more. We are learning to truly love people and what that gospel really means. The 14-18 y/o Sunday School keeps us busy and challenged each week, it is great to be team teachers. Sunday school is one of my favorite callings because I get to study the lessons and I still get to go to Relief Society.
Well that is enough from me. Here are some pictures from my trip to Houston to visit my parents.
My mom flew back from Houston with me for my cousin's wedding. Here she is with some of her brothers and sisters. Here is Willie and Alicia, what a fun wedding and reception.
This is my sister in law Brittney's sister Shaylee who also got married while my mom was here.
We got to see Sterling, Brittney and Kade. However, I only got a picture with Kade.
We went to married BYU homecoming.
Getting our pumpkin carving on.
This was a fun get together with my friends from freshman year. Such great girls. It was great to see them.
I have had alot of time to spend with my long time friend Alfreda, she is such a fun girl and I love hanging out with her.
After my first day of work, we went to the Jazz game. Can't be free tickets, but maybe you can because we were way at the top of the nosebleeds. Jon was really cheering for Houston, particularly Shane Battier, his old friend.
6 comments:
yay! for a new post! You guys have been busy-busy! Good luck with the job, it's quite the commute, but you're right, a bus with a book isn't half-bad. Love all the beautiful wedding pics, I'm such a sucker for weddings.
Oh it's so fun to see what you guys are up to! We miss you guys a lot, and it sounds like you are keeping busy, as always. I'm so happy that you found a job and am a little jealous that you have time on the bus to read a book!!! I want to read the one you mentioned in your post... it's been a while since I've read a really good book. Oh and yay that Jon gets to start running again! I bet he's pretty happy about that. Miss you guys and love you!
Congrats Amber PA-C on your certification and new job. Years ago a friend of mine worked at the same clinic and thought it was a great experience -- I hope the same for you! I'm excited to see photos of your apartment as I have no doubt it'll be lovely.
Fun to read what you guys have been up to. I love the pictures with your family and the Houston Temple. It looks huge and really pretty.
Glad to see that things are going well for you guys. Good job at passing your test and getting a job! What a relief. I rode the bus to SLC from Kaysville, and I actually enjoyed it, too! You guys are such a cute couple and you always look so happy!!
You too are so cute. It looks like you are having fun too.
Post a Comment