Saturday, August 2, 2008

One year down

Well I have finished the half of PA school. Technically it is more than half, but school is going to be totally different from here on out. I finished my finals this past week and now have a 2 week break. When I return I start clinicals, the first being Cardiothoracic Surgery. Instead of being in classes everyday all day and preparing for tests, I'll being working with a Doctor or PA and seeing patients and being tested continuously. I am scared and very excited to get out there. It will also be different not spending everyday with my 70 other classmates, friends or foes. No I like them all very much and will miss seeing them regularly. Now I am on my way to Oklahoma for a few days to meet my new nephew Kade. I am excited to see my family. The following are pictures from our pinning ceremony.

This is my biggest fan and best study buddy. I love Jon so much and he has helped me tons in school this past year. From spending the evenings in the library with me to being my patient when practicing exam skills. Not to mention cheering me up when I was down and helping me to keep pushing on when times were tough. He has been there for the highs and lows, even broken arms and legs. I am so grateful he is my eternal companion.


Jamie and I have sat together all year. We had many laughs and bored stares during class. We seem to pick up where the other has left off as far as paying attention, so between the two of us we have kept it together.

This Kelly my neighbor, car pool buddy, study partner, and Grey's Anatomy compadre. I have spent lots of good times with Kelly. And when I couldn't take studying anymore on my own, I'd head over Kelly's and study some more. We car pooled almost all year, and when I broke my leg she did all the driving, I can't imagine what the past year would have been like without her. It will be fun sharing all our new experiences this next year in clinicals.

4 comments:

Coty said...

this is truly fantastic. i'm so happy for you, congratulations; you'll be jabbing people with misc. objects in no time flat LOL. oh, and eternal companions truly are the best...you guys are really cute together -forever and ever.

Crystal Foy Weber said...

Congrats Amber! I am so proud of you and am grateful for Jon and the support he gives you. I just had breakfast with him and it was so fun. I'm grateful he's in the family :) Good luck with all your rotations, you're going to do great! Love you and can't wait to see you!

C & M said...

Hi friends! Your blog is so cute! Your site is now a link on our blog page so we will be using cyber voyeurism to spy on your lives...and see pictures! I am glad you are our friends. (:

Suzanne Unck said...

COngrats! I'm so excited for you, and sounds like you guys are doing well. We just started a blog now too, sbunck.blogspot.com I'm so glad to put you on my blog page, so we can keep in touch!