
With tests bearing down on Amber and my getting antsy to see what is out there in this vast desert place, we made a break for the Superstition Mountains with some of our friends from school. The weather has been horrible and trecherous here in the Valley; getting up to the mid-80s by day and down into the 60s by night. In addition, I saw our first cloud the other day in 3 weeks and it looked like Hillary Clinton; nervousness has set is as you know what is in those clouds come November! We are having to bundle up because of the chill and I am very thankful to have a PA-in-training wife to protect me from the potential frost bite that threatens each morning.
Despite the threats of hypothermia, jumping, poisonous and angry monkey spiders, gargantuan fighting cactii, and peaks skying up to 400 feet, we were able to survive and conquer the weekend and Amber has recovered enough to begin studying for her 7 tests this week. She is so very brave and tough; I am glad to see that I am rubbing off on her.


2 comments:
Austin just looked at your pictures and decided that he needs to visit the desert someday. Looks like you had fun!
I do love being out in the desert! We are planning a bike ride in the morning out at red rock national park. You guys would love it there.
Have a great thanksgiving
Post a Comment