Thursday, October 11, 2007

A year a year!

It has been one year since Amber made the best decision of her life. We celebrated our paper anniversary on Sunday at one solid year under our belts with a couple of eternities to go (Amber is already looking forward to her break at the end.) Tradition has it that I am supposed to get my beautiful wife something paper based as a traditional gift or some sort of clock for us modernists http://www.happy-anniversary.com/year-of-marriage/year-one.html. Thus, I hit the snooze button for her and went and read the paper on Sunday morning to provide her the best gift in the world. Not a lot of fireworks that you are to know about but it was a great day full of reminiscing, laughing (as usual) and me getting yelled at for misbehavior.
To celebrate, we are off to San Diego this weekend to play a bit and get some warm weather and sun for a change! I am so very lucky to have Amber in my life as marriage is the greatest thing in the world. It is nice to be held in check by somebody who is on the right track and smart; giving me an incentive to stay slender so that she can drag me up to heaven even if I am metaphorically kicking and screaming. She is the best!
The first year went by awfully quickly so I am assuming that my hair will be growing back in the celestial kingdom in relatively no time. And when that happens, watch out world!!!

2 comments:

Sharmyn said...

Congratulations!!! Wow - I can't believe it's been a whole year. Hooray!

Ryan said...

One year! I remember when we has been married only one year (like 5 months ago)! Way to go.